Friday, February 14, 2014

Motivational Friday!

Hey Everyone!  It's Friday!!!  Thank Goodness!  It's been a long week.  It's been fun.  I've had the opportunity to connect with a couple awesome people!  Shout outs to Adrianne at The Tutor House and Candice at Alpha Delta Academy!  Thank you for being you and connecting with me!  Your advice and questions were engaging and inspiring!

For now, I'm going to pause with my informative posts about tutoring.  I'm going to post Monday-Friday.  Monday - Thursday will be informational.  I'd like to make Friday's a motivational day. It sounds cheezy, but I think it's important to step back and think about how to get to the next step. Plus, I feel, that we just need a little motivation.

Do you ever get scared of being a successful tutor?  I know I do.  Yes...it sounds silly.  A grown man scared of tutoring.  But I do get scared.  Often, I feel overwhelmed.  The more clients that I take on the more pressure I feel.  I wonder if I'm able to serve every client with what they need.  I worry that as I add more clients, I'll experience tougher situations---unsatisfied customers, failure to pay, or some students just don't succeed.   Success, as much as we want it, has it's difficulties.

While I was speaking to a fellow tutor today, I told him..."Dude, you just gotta go for it!"  He's a great guy and knows his math!  He gets all kinds of clients and I'm even thinking about working with him to generate more clients.  We discussed how, at times, we felt like we were holding ourselves back from the next level.
I was giving him the same advice that I need myself.  Sometimes, I need it by the hour!

For something to happen, you've got to do something.  A little extra goes a long way. You'll never get to your door to go to work if you don't take a step.  So I write this to say that Fear of Succeeding as a Tutor is a natural phenomenon.  Part of the reason I'm writing this blog is to fight the fear.  Reading everyone else's blogs also helps fight that fear.

If you're having trouble making the next step, just take your "leap of faith".  Put a little extra effort in and you'll be surprised!

I wanted share a video that really spoke to me.  From the moment I first saw it, I never forgot it.  It's message is profound!
212 Degrees -



I watched this video a couple of years ago and it really inspired me to do more.  It's helped me move from a classroom teacher to become an administrator.  I hope you like this video.  It's roughly 3:00 minutes, but a great way to start your day.

Next week, I'll begin discussing the importance of assessments, payment methods, and other key bits of information.  If there are any topics in particular or any questions you have of me, just drop me a comment or a message.  I'm not the expert...but I do offer a unique perspective based on my experience.

Thank you for reading and boosting my confidence!--Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment