Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Legalities and Business: Invoicing

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone's week got off to a good start.  Today's Legalities and Business post is about invoicing.

An invoice (bill) is a document that is given to the seller from the buyer.  This document tells everything you need to know about the transaction including service, products, price, rate of pay, etc that the seller provides.  Details including payment terms, taxes,discounts,  and company information are usually listed on this document.  Think of it as a credit card statement!

Here's one quick and easy Invoice to use:

Simple Invoice

My advice is to keep it simple and to the point when it comes to tutoring.  If you don't want to use excel or don't feel comfortable using excel you can try some commercial programs.  I've used Paypal to create Invoices.  These invoices are easy to use, easy to understand, and actually allow the customer to pay by clicking on the invoice by paypal account or credit card.  You can't go wrong there!  Programs like Quicken also provide an invoice option.  I'm not as good with this program, so it's hard for me to say if you should use it.


Some clients want invoices for their records.  Invoices help me track my earnings and help my client.  Not every client wants an invoice, but I 'll always have one on record for them.

So should you use invoices?  Yes.  It serves as a record of service!  In the long run it protects you!

No comments:

Post a Comment